Monday, February 15, 2010

resilient communities

John Robb's blog is a good source of info, however his idea of 'open source, desktop manufacturing type of resilence is not only outside of my current skilset, but also seems to be putting the cart before the horse. my idea of resilience is based on my experience as a survivor and a builder. I must first finish restoring while improving an abandoned farm for a friend so my priority list is a bit jammed.I prefer to say the farm is located in the semi-autonamous region of appalachia and is much improved from the overgrown mess of last year. Extreme rockiness is more than compensated for by ample springs and a souther exposure but only because of permaculture concepts. Maximising food production, building sheds, learning to harvest the local wildlife as well as the most brutel winter in 40 years has made for a real challenge which i happen to enjoy. Life is good, a good women is very helpful and i am preparing.

No comments:

Post a Comment